Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Beet Pancakes



This needs to go into the "failed-attempts-at-trolling-my-own-children" file. I thought that I'd be super smart tonight and put some beet puree in pancake batter to trick them into eating beets. I figured that if I cover it with some frosting and sprinkles, they would never be the wiser. Boy, was I mistaken. To my established, adult palate, I almost didn't notice the beets. To my son, who walked up and made a face and groaned, they tasted "gross." He hadn't even tried them yet. After I told him that they were "Iron Man Pancakes" (Iron Mancakes), he tasted them. Then he told me that if you eat them, "You might die. This is disgust-o." That one is an evil genius. I was stifling my own laughter the entire time he critiqued the meal. The girl ate them just fine, so long as there was enough frosting. How do other mothers trick their kids? Mine won't fall for this nonsense. I'll keep you guys posted on my other failures with these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment